Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA®) Course
Medical auditing is a critical piece to compliant and profitable physician practices, whether it's RAC audits, private payer denials, or just peace of mind. As a CPMA, you will be able to use your proven knowledge of coding and documentation guidelines to improve the revenue cycle of nearly all healthcare practices.
Our program offers the convenience and flexibility of online study combined with the support of an instructor-led classroom.
Upon completion of the program students will have an understanding of:
- Medical documentation, fraud, abuse, and penalties for documentation and coding violations based on governmental guidelines
- Coding Concepts
- Scope and Statistical Sampling Methodologies
- Medical Record Auditing Skills and Abstraction Ability
- Quality Assurance and Coding Risk Analysis
- Communication of Results and Findings
- The Medical Record
Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA®) Course is a 12-week course (but can be completed sooner depending on the student’s progress), conducted mainly online, with in person/Web ex classes offered one day a week. Upon completion of the program students are eligible to take The CPMA® examination through AAPC.
- Cost of the program is $2000.00 which includes:
- Workbook/ Textbook for CPMA
- CPMA Exam (with one free retake)
- Online Course/Instruction
- Current CPT®, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS Level II books are not included in the price of the course but can be purchased upon request.
The CPMA® examination is recommended for a certified coder or medical record auditor who has experience auditing physician services or significant coding experience and is well versed with a variety of different types of audits including but not limited to E/M services. Auditing involves compliance and regulatory issues in its day to day work, and the examinee will be tested on these concepts in addition to coding, modifiers, NCCI usage, and more.
Please contact Deepa Patel CPC, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I phone at (606) 521-9158 or by email for more information.