Medical Coding Course
The Medical Coding Course offered by On the Money Medical Billing, is for students who are interested in a career in the health care industry as medical coders. Jobs in this industry may be located in doctors' offices or other health care facilities, insurance companies, and third-party businesses dealing in medical and insurance claims.
Our program offers the convenience and flexibility of online study combined with the support of an instructor-led classroom.
While there are no mandatory educational requirements for this program other than a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, a successful medical coding specialist will have a strong knowledge of biology, anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
Upon completion of the program students will have an understanding of:
- Medical Terminology
- Standard Medical Coding Guidelines
- Laws and Ethics related to medical records and patient information
- Abstract information required to support accurate coding.
- Ability to identify documentation discrepancies and properly query providers for proper code capture. The ability to assign accurate CPT®, HCPCS Level II, and ICD-10-CM Volume 1-2 medical codes for diagnoses and procedures.
- Understanding of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- Proficiency across a wide range of services, including evaluation and management, anesthesia, surgery, radiology, pathology, and medicine.
- Knowledge of medical coding guidelines, including compliance and reimbursement – allowing a CPC to better handle issues such as medical necessity, claims denials, bundling issues, and charge capture.
Certified Professional Coder(CPC) Course is a 16-week course, conducted mainly online, with in person classes offered one day a week. Upon completion of the program students are eligible to take CPC - Certified Professional Coder.
- Cost of the program is $2500.00 which includes:
- Workbook / Textbook for CPC
- Coding Books (CPT/HCPCS/ICD 10)
- CPC Exam (with one free retake)
- AAPC membership (if needed)
- Online Course / Instruction
- 50 CPC practice exam questions (Bundle A).
Please contact Deepa Patel CPC, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I phone at (606) 521-9158 or by email for more information.